This gorgeous vintage home built in 1923 in historic Laramie just a few blocks from downtown Laramie and the University of Wyoming.
Follow this link to our Zillow listing for more details and images.
Below we have some before and after photos and a description to the work we’ve done on the house between 2016 and 2018.
Craftsman home built in 1923. One of several similar styles built during this time period located in the Historic Tree Neighborhood 2 blocks from UW, close to Spring Creek Elementary and Downtown Laramie.
- Refinished hardwood floors
- All wood doors and trim
- Many original windows
- Original vintage metal kitchen sink (we’ve had many offers to buy this sink but we loved that it was original and remodeled the kitchen around it)
- Original vintage basement shower
- New electrical panel and all new wiring by certified electrician (MARS Electric)
- All new light fixtures/fans
- New plumbing by certified plumber
- Sanded and refinished all wood floors
- Removed plastic tile on bathroom walls and kitchen walls and replaced with hand textured walls
- Retextured all walls and ceilings in living areas and bedrooms
- Removed damaged vinyl flooring in entry, kitchen and upstairs bathroom, scraped and removed adhesive and refinished wood in kitchen and entry. New luxury vinyl flooring in bathroom.
- Completely remodeled upstairs bathroom removing old tub, show and sink. New plumbing and all new fixtures. Moved vintage metal cabinet from kitchen to bathroom.
- Relocated washer and dryer plumbing from upstairs bedroom closet to basement
- 4 new egress windows (options for adding another bedroom)
- Replaced all old plumbing and put the plumbing into the joists so ceiling could be finished
- Added electricity to basement with LED lighting in ceiling and new outlets
- Added gas lines to upstairs kitchen, basement kitchen, upstairs fireplace and another option for stand alone gas fireplace in the basement
- Carpet in living and bedroom areas
- New sink and remodeled basement bathroom
- Added 2nd kitchen into the basement with cabinets, sink, gas line and electrical for fridge
- Small room that could be converted to a bedroom currently used for storage.
A little about us:
We love the character and quality of these historic homes and have fallen in love with several homes in Laramie. Being an artist and designer, René has done much of the work herself. David has an eye for quality and vintage features. After living in this house and enjoying all of the features, David found another property in desperate need of some attention before it was removed and replaced with commercial property. The new property is located at 311-315 S 4th Street and it has a greenhouse (original Laramie Floral) and an art studio for René’s home base. 4th Street Studios
The neighborhood is amazing with retired, UW professors, interesting folks with stories about the hood mixed in with young families and people like us that wouldn’t live anywhere else. It is nice to see the kids playing in the streets and riding their bikes all summer. Everyone around here is a dog walker and as we sit on the porch everyday it is great to see everyone.
We look forward to finding the perfect new owner for this property.
René and David Williams