This gorgeous vintage home built in 1923 in historic Laramie just a few blocks from downtown Laramie and the University of Wyoming.
Follow this link to our Zillow listing for more details and images.
Below we have some before and after photos and a description to the work we’ve done on the house between 2016 and 2018.
Craftsman home built in 1923. One of several similar styles built during this time period located in the Historic Tree Neighborhood 2 blocks from UW, close to Spring Creek Elementary and Downtown Laramie.
- Refinished hardwood floors
- Original, solid wood doors and trim
- Original vintage porcelain kitchen sink (we’ve had many offers to buy this sink but we loved that it was original and remodeled the kitchen around it)
- New electrical panel and all new wiring by licensed electrician
- All new light fixtures/ ceiling fans with LED bulbs
- New plumbing by licensed plumber
- Sanded and refinished all wood floors
- Removed plastic tile on bathroom walls and kitchen walls and replaced with hand textured walls
- Retextured all walls and ceilings in living areas and bedrooms
- Removed old vinyl flooring in entry, kitchen and upstairs bathroom, scraped and removed adhesive and refinished wood in kitchen and entry.
- Completely remodeled upstairs bathroom removing old tub, show and sink. New plumbing and all new fixtures.
- Kept original wood and metal kitchen cabinets in tact.
- Relocated washer and dryer plumbing from upstairs bedroom closet to basement
- 3 new egress windows (options for adding another bedroom)
- Replaced all old plumbing and put the plumbing into the joists so ceiling could be finished
- Added electricity to basement with LED lighting in ceiling and new outlets
- Added gas lines to upstairs kitchen, basement kitchen, upstairs fireplace and another option for stand alone gas fireplace in the basement
- New carpet in living and bedroom areas
- New sink and remodeled basement bathroom
- Added 2nd kitchen into the basement with cabinets, sink, gas line and electrical for fridge
- Small room that could be converted to a bedroom currently used for storage.
Utilities Total May 2019 to May 2020:
Water, trash, recycling and sewer, City of Laramie $70 to $80 per month
Electric: Rocky Mountain Power $467
Gas: Black Hills Energy (gas heating and cooking) $730
A little about us:
We love the character and quality of these historic homes and have fallen in love with several homes in Laramie. Being an artist and designer, René has done much of the work. Follow this link to see other vintage properties we have restored in Laramie. René also designed and built property in Austin Texas. Our current project is located at S 4th Street and it has a vintage greenhouse (original Laramie Floral) and an art studio for René’s home base. 4th Street Studios Rene Williams Art and Science Loves Art
The neighborhood is amazing with long timers and interesting folks with stories about the hood mixed in with young families and people like us that wouldn’t live anywhere else. It is nice to see the kids playing in the streets and riding their bikes all summer. Everyone around here is a dog walker and as we sit on the porch everyday it is great to see everyone.
We look forward to finding the perfect new owner for this property.
René and David Williams